485-487 Wilson-White House, Federal, ca 1831
A frame building that was here in 1820 was the
Farmer’s Tavern and Inn, operated by Edward White. David Wilson bought the
property in 1831 and “is understood to have continued the tavern” in this brick
structure. In the early 1900s it was split into two residences. The Tracery in
the sidelights and in the transom around the front door illustrates the delicate
effect of the Federal Style.