616 Schermerhorn-De Lancey House, Federal, ca 1826
Henry V.R. Schermerhorn built and then sold
this home to Bishop De Lancey, a prominent clergyman in New York State who lived
here from 1854 until his death in 1869. A close look at the brick texture of the
façade reveals the addition of the north two bays of the house. De Lancey built
this addition and the entranceway during his residence here.