775 Kendall-Webster House, Federal, 1827
Isaac Kendall built this house, but sold it to
Horace Webster before it was completed. Webster was among the original faculty
at Hobart and became the first president of the College of the City of New York.
The original house has a balustrade and no front porch but otherwise is
relatively unchanged. The stepped gables on the sides are distinctively Federal.
This building has been used as a synagogue by Temple Beth-El since 1951.