459 South Main Street

 History

459 Collins Music Hall, Richardsonian Romanesque, 1892-1893

            The Collins Music Hall opened in June 1893 by Captain and Mrs. Louise Dell Collins as a concert hall and gathering place for the citizens of Geneva. Mrs. Collins had Belhurst Castle built in the same style approximately seven years earlier. In 1906 the Geneva Lodge of Elks was instituted, and in 1908 the Elks bought the hall from Mr. Collins (who was a charter member himself).

            Richardsonian Romansque is easily identified by the rough stone, round arches, and heavy massive feeling with the various textures and colors.

 Historic Photo

Previous Location

Next Stop

Tour Directory:

Start Tour

380 South Main Street

388 Ludlow House

394 & 398, 400 & 402

Pulteney Park

2-4,6,8 & 10 Park Place

First Presbyterian Church

Pulteney Apartments

46, 48 & 50 Park Place

52 Park Place

56 & 58 Park Place

484 South Main Street

490,494 & 496

498 Scott-Reed House

512 Dove House

Trinity Church

528 Trinity Church Rectory

562 Chapman House

574 Webster House

584 Schermerhorn House

600 Watson-Chew House

606 Rumney-Stoddard House

616 Schermerhorn-De Lancey

St. John's Chapel

Geneva Hall

690 Presidents' House

731 Irving House

775 Kendall-Webster House

789 Cutbush House

803 Adams House

815 Campbell-Swift House

839 Clark-Schieffelin House

859 Clark House

The Garden Lots

639 Durfee House

629 Bradford House

583 Balmano Cottage

561 Italian Villa

549 Woods Cottage

543 Prouty-Chew House

533 Whiting House

Row Houses

485-487 Wilson-White House

483 Yeomans House

477-479 South Main Street

475,473, & 471

469 South Main Street

459 Collins Music Hall

437 & 435

399 Holt and Chidsey Store

387, 391 & 395

365 & 369

361 First Methodist Church

 

Website and all contents Copyright 2006, Sponsored by: Coldwell Banker Parrott-Venuti Real Estate Inc. (315) 789-6768

Written by: Corrine Stoewsand Carey,  Historic Photo's Provided by: Geneva Historical Society