839 Clark-Schieffelin House, Federal, ca 1829
Shortly after his marriage to Catherine A.
Clark, this residence was built by Charles A. Williamson, son of Capt. Charles
Williamson, agent for the Pulteney Associates. In 1836 it was sold to William
Clark, a cousin of Catherine’s. After the death of William Clark, his widow
traded house with her brother, Sidney A. Schieffelin, who lived next door.
The northernmost house on Mile Point Farm, this
residence is a fine example of Federal style architecture with the exterior
maintained in “mint condition.” Notice the matching balustrade on the roof, over
the porch, and even the carriage house to the south of the home. The circular
path to the front is still apparent.