46,48 & 50 Park Place

 History

46, 48 & 50 Park Place, 1826

            Built by Nicholas Ayrault, these houses have had later additions of porches and entrance ways to their simple Federal style facades. Number 50 housed a private school for young ladies from the 1850s to the 1880s. on houses 48 and 50 the transoms over the door were made at Ontario Glass Company at Glass Factory Bay, south of Geneva.

            In 1824 a village statute established Bank Alley, named after the bank of the square. In 1892, the residents petitioned the village officials to change the name to Park Avenue, implying a higher social status.

 Historic Photo's

46 Park Place, 2006

46 Park Place, 1897

Previous Location

Next Stop

Tour Directory:

Start Tour

380 South Main Street

388 Ludlow House

394 & 398, 400 & 402

Pulteney Park

2-4,6,8 & 10 Park Place

First Presbyterian Church

Pulteney Apartments

46, 48 & 50 Park Place

52 Park Place

56 & 58 Park Place

484 South Main Street

490,494 & 496

498 Scott-Reed House

512 Dove House

Trinity Church

528 Trinity Church Rectory

562 Chapman House

574 Webster House

584 Schermerhorn House

600 Watson-Chew House

606 Rumney-Stoddard House

616 Schermerhorn-De Lancey

St. John's Chapel

Geneva Hall

690 Presidents' House

731 Irving House

775 Kendall-Webster House

789 Cutbush House

803 Adams House

815 Campbell-Swift House

839 Clark-Schieffelin House

859 Clark House

The Garden Lots

639 Durfee House

629 Bradford House

583 Balmano Cottage

561 Italian Villa

549 Woods Cottage

543 Prouty-Chew House

533 Whiting House

Row Houses

485-487 Wilson-White House

483 Yeomans House

477-479 South Main Street

475,473, & 471

469 South Main Street

459 Collins Music Hall

437 & 435

399 Holt and Chidsey Store

387, 391 & 395

365 & 369

361 First Methodist Church

 

Website and all contents Copyright 2006, Sponsored by: Coldwell Banker Parrott-Venuti Real Estate Inc. (315) 789-6768

Written by: Corrine Stoewsand Carey,  Historic Photo's Provided by: Geneva Historical Society